Mar 24, 2010

Gearing up for planting! Yay!

(A view from our seats at the new Twins stadium!)
I am confessedly premature in my desire to begin planting, but it's hard for a Minnesotan to not start raising her beds when it's been super mild (between 30 and 60) for almost two weeks! What's going on?!?
I just biked down to my local nursery and told them about my excitement about planting my first item outdoors- sugar anne sugar snap peas- and asked them to show me where the inoculant was to help with germination. Although they were very much excited themselves I think the ladies at Mother Earth Gardens are a little more seasoned then myself and a little more aware of the tease that Minnesota weather can be. I would not be surprised if it got super cold and none of my peas germinated and the sadness of a blustery winter returned! But I refuse to think of that, I only inoculant-ed half of my peas so if the Northern Star state decides to be the ruin of my early spring optimism, so be it. I will plant again!
Walt and I have also got Twins fever. I have never been a baseball fan in my life but the new stadium, complete with all sorts of state fair snacks, as well as season tickets have gotten me so psyched for the upcoming home games that we've been to Target Field two times in as many weekends. Crazy? Maybe, but give me a break. I have to embrace summer as fully as possible in order to prepare myself for winter. I must keep this mindset for as long as I live in Minnesota so I might as well get used to it now and become a baseball fan.
Other than this stuff, I am going to be traveling during my spring break to Chicago to visit my friend Jen and to Philadelphia to visit my uncle/aunt and grandparents! Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment