Mar 3, 2010

Spring Spranging!

Aha, it's finally coming. This photo was taken on Valentines day at 7 in the morning when THE SUN WAS RISING (ERRG) and now the sun is coming up earlier and earlier and the snow you can see here is almost half way gone and I even kept my back door open to get some fresh air this afternoon. Anywhere else 38 degrees would not feel all that great but I found it refreshingly mild. Keep in mind that I have my house at 55 most of the winter, a nice frugal habit I picked up from my mom, so 38 isn't really all that much colder.
Another way I can tell that spring is within arm's reach is that I planted my first seeds of the season; 2 types of eggplant called 'Hansel' and 'Fairy Tale' and some oregano and thyme.
ight now these seeds are living in my bathtub trying to be safe from the evil villain I like to call my cat who thrives on killing things smaller and cuter than herself. She has reason to be jealous because seeds are amazing and I can spend hours looking at them and just being baffled by the power that these tiny things have packed up inside of them. I will keep everyone posted on the growth of my plants, probably more than you want to know but oh well. It's 3:30 and that means bath time on my day off, much more later-

No comments:

Post a Comment