Jul 16, 2010

Feeling Groovy


Hello world!
It has been a while, hasn't it? The past months have been pretty full up for me, so I guess my life in cyber space took a hit, but I'm back. And feeling awesome.
Walt and I had our 4 year anniversary on July 4th and I quit smoking for him. It's been almost 2 weeks now and can already tell that it's benefiting me. First, it's nice because I know he really appreciates it and is grossed out when I'm smoking. Second, it's nice loose dependency on anything. It certainly makes me feel more in control.
I started up school on Sunday and have a very vigorous schedule right now but really think that I am getting the most out of this school that I can. I joined the ACF (American Culinary Foundation) Jr. team at my school which is a competitive cooking and knife skills team. I'm not guaranteed a position on it yet since there are only 4 places available and about 10 people trying out, but it has gotten me to concentrate on attention to detail, organization and communication in school and life- three things that I would argue make everything move a lot smoother when you're paying attention to them.
I've also been reading tons of cookbooks from Escoffier's "La Cuisine" to random books on squid cookery and the application of fruit to savory food. This is what I love to do, I'm very content to be doing it right now.
So, the moral of this post is if you need a pep talk, I'm in a place where the silver lining is shining in. If you can't deal with my saccharin positivity, let's talk soon!
I am also going to start posting some recipes I've been tinkering with, get some feedback and see what you all think!

No comments:

Post a Comment