Nov 23, 2009

eliza likes to hurt my feelings

The title for this post is in honor of my sister who is attributing my blogging to my massive ego. I implore all of you, followers, to ask her to quit teasing me and be more sensitive to my tender soul.
In other news we are in Mendoza, Argentina, for a little while at least. We wanted a home base to celebrate thanksgiving- we think well be making grilled meatloaf on an Australian style grill and will report how that goes. We havent been able to find any other Americans to celebrate with and the only person Ive invited so far thought I was hitting on him so maybe Thanksgiving is destined to be a more intimate event this year? Well see. The two of us got patriotic when driving over the Andes and started singing America the Beautiful which is evidence enough that the Clark girls are plenty enthusiastic all on their own to celebrate national holidays.
Mendoza is gorgeous. I can totally see why people say that Argentina is very European because that is totally what it makes you feel. Its the beginning of summer (probably 90 degrees today but according to our hostel not warm enough to fill up the pool so Im glad I wont experience the height of the season.) There are all types of flowes from magnolias to jasmine to california poppies blossoming everywhere and grass being cut and sprinklers going. All in all a good place to hang out before returning to the frozen tundra.
We went on a wine tasting bicycle ride today which was less perilous than it seems like it would be. We had lots of Malbec wines and slept under an olive tree for a while. The only problem with the tour was that it started at 9:30 this morning and after a day of drinking I am feeling really pooped. Luckily our hostel is very comfortable and nice and we have a bottle of La Linda wine chilling in the fridge for when we get back to help ease us into a happy sleep.
Yes this post may make you feel a little jealose. With the exception of Walt I pretty have everything I could want right now. If only I could tone Elizas peskiness down things would be perfect...

1 comment:

  1. simmer down eliza and start your own wonderful blog! i know your ego is just crying to get its own little posse :) i'll read it :)

    p.s. when are you coming home/will you be in boston at all before you go back to your respective lives? i'll be back in cambridge on dec, 6, will we overlap at all?

    ReplyDelete